The Small Business Accountants
Maximize your tax savings! Discover expert tips on investments, family deductions, retirement, and more in our latest article.
We all have a different purpose or objective, be it saving for a house, your child’s future education or even for your retirement and we will be able to support you in choosing the most appropriate investments for your own situation.
For business owners, making sure your business is financially protected can be overwhelming. Business owners face a unique set of challenges when it comes to managing risk. Insurance can play an important role.
We can help you determine where you are today financially and where you want to go. We can provide you guidance on how to reach your short, medium and long term financial goals.
More people are surviving serious medical issues such as cancer, a heart attack, or a stroke. And while this is good news if a critical illness happens to you – your recovery may come with costs that you don’t have the money to cover.
This is where critical illness insurance can play a crucial role. Our article covers the key things you need to know about critical illness insurance:
• What critical illness insurance is.
• What you can use the money from critical illness insurance payout for.
• How you can get critical illness insurance.
Insurance is often thought of as an optional extra in the area of personal and business finance – a “nice to have” which can offer protection if things go wrong but certainly not as an important asset in its own right. However, it’s true to say that intelligent insurance planning is a strategy which can protect the vital asset of your ability to earn an income – perhaps the most important asset that you have.
Before buying insurance from your bank to cover your mortgage, please consider your options. What does the insurance cover?
It’ll be time to file your 2022 taxes soon, and you must take advantage of every tax credit and deduction you can! Our article covers the following:
• Canada Workers Benefit.
• Claiming home office expenses.
• The tax deduction for zero-emissions vehicles.
• Return Of Fuel Charge Proceeds To Farmers Tax Credit.
• Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit.
On March 28, 2023, the Federal Government released their 2032 budget. This article highlights the following financial measures:
• New transfer options associated with Bill C-208 for intergenerational transfer.
• New rules for employee ownership trusts.
• Changes to how the Alternative Minimum Tax is calculated.
• Improvements to Registered Education Savings Plans.
• Expanding access to Registered Disability Savings Plans.
• Grocery rebate.
• Deduction for tradespeople tool expenses.
• Automatic tax filing.
• New Canadian Dental Care Plan.
Everybody understands the value of life insurance and most of us who take our finances seriously have a solid life insurance policy in place. But what happens if you are unlucky enough to sustain a serious illness, chronic disease or disability which prevents you from working? Such a scenario could be disastrous for your family finances and this is where disability insurance comes in.